Visiting South Africa is in everybody’s wish-list. But, how many are really able to Visit South Africa? Let’s give it a thought… Let’s make it happen!!! Read the below useful details about Visa requirements to South Africa from Dubai. Then, if needed don’t think twice to dial Arooha.
The benchmark is your passport and which country it belongs to. This is the predominant fact that decides whether you need "Pre-arrival visa" or "On arrival visa" South Africa.
Check out if your passport belongs to any of the countries listed below:
If so you are eligible to get On – Arrival visa to South Africa and Stay up to 90 days
Passport Holders Who Are Exempt From South Africa (Subject To Change Without Notice)
The citizen who is a holder of a national passport (diplomatic, official and ordinary) of the foreign countries / territories / international organizations listed below are not required to hold a visa when approached by an immigration officer at any South African port of entry .
1. The holder of a national South African passport, travel document and document for travel purposes.
2. 90 day stay
A holder of the national passports(diplomatic, official or ordinary) of the below mentioned countries / territories / international organizations is not required to carry a visa as they will be issued one upon entry at any Of The south African entry ports. These holders are allowed a 90 day stay or transit.
3. 30 day stay
The citizen who holds a passport(diplomatic, official and ordinary) of any countries / territories / international organizations stated below is not required to carry a visa in as they will receive an on-arrival visa with a permitted stay of 30 days or less and when in transit upon entry through any of south Africa’s ports of entry.
4. Agreements have also been concluded with the following countries for holders of diplomatic and official passport holders.
Citizens who are holders of diplomatic, official and service passports of the following countries do not require visas in respect of purposes for which a port of entry visa may be issued or by virtue of being a person contemplated in section 31(3)(b) [accredited in SA] for the period indicated and transit:
5. Notwithstanding this Schedule, a foreigner whose visa exemption has been withdrawn shall comply with the visa requirements until notified by the Department that his or her visa exemption has been reinstated by the Department on petition or of its own accord.
6. South African work visas aren't required by commercial heavy vehicle drivers if they have been employed by a South African company and are eligible for visa-free entry to the country. However, they should be able to produce a letter confirming their employment on entry.
As per the High court Ruling (North Gauteng High Court), foreign commercial heavy vehicle drivers can be employed with visitors visa as per the Immigration act’s section 11(1)(a) with the approval to perform work in terms of section 11(2) of the said Act for the duration of their visa exemption, which should not exceed 90 days at a time.
7. Port of entry visas are not required by foreign employed commercial heavy-duty vehicle drivers from Lesotho, Swaziland, Botswana, Namibia, Zambia, Zimbabwe and Malawi who are entering the Republic, provided their visits do not exceed the period of their visa exemption and on condition that they can produce a letter confirming their employment with a transport company abroad on entry. Visitor’s visas in terms of section 11(1)(a) of the Immigration Act, with authorisation to conduct work in terms of section 11(2) of the said Act for the period of their visa exemption, which period may not exceed 90 days at a time
8. Staff members of the Southern African Development Community (SADC) who travel on SADC laissezpassers are exempt from visa requirements for bona fide official business visits up to 90 days and transit.
9. The below mentioned categories of the UN, their spouses, dependents and other members of the households are exempt from any visa requirements when visiting the country for a duration not exceeding 90 days for purposes for which an entry visa may be issued, for official business purposes, transits and when accredited for placement at a UN mission in South Africa.
10. Members of military forces attending any military related matters with the South African National Defense Force are exempt from visa and study visa requirements; irrespective of their duration of stay. However, they should have with them letters of invitation from the SANDF and letters of approval from the military force of which they are members.
11. With effect from 18 December 2015 travellers ( with the exception of deportees) who transit through O R Tambo International Airport, Cape Town International Airport, King Shaka International Airport and Lanseria International Airport do not require transit visas as contemplated in section 10B(4)(a) of the Immigration Act, 2002 (Act No 13 of 2002). However, transiting passengers will have to go through biometric procedures.
Deportees transiting through any port of entry should hold a transit visa and must be escorted.
Countries that need to obtain visa
Any countries not mentioned above need to obtain a visa for South Africa.
Cultural/ Sport/ Researching
There is a mandatory non- refundable visa fee that you need to pay when you are South Africa visa. Depending on your Age and Type of visa you want to apply, there might be some exceptions in visa prices. However, the total cost includes the visa application fee and AED 200 as a service charge for Arooha.
Form (DHA-84) Form 11 in BLACK ink only
with a validity of 03 months from the date of return.
Proof of hotel booking (provisional or confirmed)
Must be a clear copy, high-resolution, white background and not older than 6 months. Passport size : 4.5cm×3.5cm in width. Close up of your head and top of your shoulder so that the face takes 80% of the photograph.
The passport must be valid for 30 days or more from the date of departure from South Africa, and copies of entry and exit seal/stamps of previously obtained visas, if any. 02 blank pages, not older than 10 years. Non-machine readable and manually extended passports are NOT acceptable.
the following additional documents are required: Copy of Marriage certificate, Copy of South African ID or South African passport of the spouse.
The letter from the UAE Company must be original. (E- signature will NOT be accepted). The letter must confirm the travel dates (Start and End date), exact purpose of travel and financial undertaking. It must be originally signed (with the signatory name and designation) and stamped. The date on the letter must not be more than a month at the time of submission of application. It must have the company’s full contact details (i.e. physical address and telephone/fax numbers, email/website). If the applicant is the owner or partner of the company, a copy of the trade license is required. Applicants under the sponsorship of a husband/father/mother/wife/employer visa*** Typed and originally signed Sponsorship letter (issued by the sponsor***, it must confirm the travel dates, exact purpose of travel, relationship, details of the applicant, and financial undertaking). Sponsor’s residential address in the UAE and contacts details must be indicated in the letter. The financial undertaking from the sponsor is required, ONLY IF, the applicant itself could not provide his/her personal bank statement (e.g. minor, unemployed, student, housemaid, etc.). All bank statements must be originally stamped by the bank. Passport and UAE visa copy of the sponsor.
AFFIDAVIT OR PARENTAL CONSENT. For minors travelling with both the parents, the following documents are required: Original child’s birth certificate to be presented at the time of the submission. However only a copy is required to be attached to the visa application. Copy of parent’s passport and UAE residency.
Proof of Air tickets (provisional or confirmed). Proof of Domestic flight/s is also required, if the applicant is travelling from one city to another.
Copy of the insurance card. Copy of the insurance policy or letter of certification from the service provider for the “Proof of Coverage”. The insurance coverage/geographical scope must indicate that the insurance covers “WORLDWIDE” or including South Africa)
Applicant’s up to date three (3) months banks statement. ONLY bank statements issued by a bank “in the UAE” are acceptable. The bank statement must be originally stamped by the bank and must have a minimum balance of not less than AED 3000. Original bank statements received by post OR printed copies from online internet banking (which must be stamped by the bank) will be accepted.
A yellow fever certificate is required if the applicant has been in a yellow fever zone in the past one year, and if the applicant is transiting for more than 12 hours through a yellow fever endemic zone. Kindly note: For applicants who do not have a Yellow Fever vaccination certificate and who have traveled to yellow fever zones kindly administer the vaccine at least 10 days before traveling to South Africa. Applicants who are going straight/directly to South Africa from Dubai and has NOT been in a Yellow fever zone in the past one year are “NOT” required fulfill/submit a yellow fever certificate Or any other additional health requirement.
DurationThe processing time for the visas vary from 05 working days up-to 10 working days
Provide the relevant documents and payment
Preliminary checking and advices
Type application and prepare relevant documents
Examine the application thoroughly by the visa consultant
Appointment with South African embassy to submit your documents
Phase of Visa Application process
Visa- ready notification
Use Uber for transport and follow these tips
Rather than using cabs that are meter-less and overcharge tourist, use Uber. Female travelers visiting South Africa alone should not go alone at night. If you are opting for a car rental make sure to take full insurance coverage and don't leave anything valuable in the vehicle ( put it in the trunk if you require). Don't steer off on the unlimited routes and be alert of high speeding. South Africans drive on the left.
How many days will my visa process take?
Once the application is submitted the process takes anywhere between 07 – 15 days for short nationalities.
Do children below the age of 18 need to be accompanied by parents?
Yes, children below the age of 18 years need to be accompanied by their parents or elders. With a NOC letter from both parents stating that they have no issues for the travel. Attaching the passport copies to the child’s application. Need a copy of their birth certificate as well.
What if my passport is older than and 10 years, can I still apply for a visa?
No, you will not be able to apply for a Turkish visa with a passport which is older than 10 years as the embassy will not be able to enter it in their systems.
Is the visa fee refunded in case of rejection?
No, the visa fee is non-refundable in case of rejection as granting the visa is purely on the discretion of the embassy.
What if visa got delayed due to embassy?
You will receive a receipt which has the embassy number you can call and check if they need any additional documents..
Is insurance mandatory to get visa?
Yes, travel insurance is mandatory as it is for your own safety. If you get injured or any natural calamity occurs during your trip your insurance covers you for the above.
Can my visa be extended in India if I have to stay longer than required?
If the visa type is Entry, Employment or Student's visa, it can be extended by the FRRO after certain checks. Tourist Visa is non-extendable.
Hotel booking is required?
Yes, hotel booking is one of the main criteria for a visa application. Without which your visa will not be processed.
Who decides if I will get a visa?
Your visa application is perused by the Consul General of South Africa in UAE. The approval or rejection Of The visa is decided by him. Arooha does not play any part in or influence the outcome of your visa application.