Switzerland Visit Visa – Schengen Visa
Based on your purpose of visit to Switzerland, there are few categories of Schengen visas
- Airport Transit
- Invited Visa – Invited by a family or friend
- School Trip
Schengen Visa Prices
There is a mandatory non- refundable visa fee that you need to pay when you are applying for a Switzerland visa. Depending on your age and the type of visa you want to apply, there is a visa fee along with Arooha's Service fee. Which is not refunded even if your visa is rejected.
Required documents for Switzerland Visit visa from Dubai
- Application Form Fully completed, dated and signed by the applicant himself or his legal guardian. If the applicant is a minor under the age of 18, both parents must sign the form and add a copy of their passports. If one of the parent is unable to sign the form, he/she must submit a letter of agreement together with a copy of his/her passport.
- All documents must be in English or translated to English.
- Two recent passport-sized photographs (not older than 6 month) with a light background, not stapled. Head or face cover(s) are not permitted except for religious reasons. Full visibility of the facial features. Picture size must be 3.5 x 4.5 cm.
- Original Passport with 2 blank Pages ( issued within less than 10 years and has to be valid for 6 months from the date of return) The original passport and one copy of all relevant passport pages (data page, pages containing previous Schengen visa and UAE resident permit)
- Accommodation: Proof of accommodation during intended stay: hotel reservation or copy of a rental contract or of residential property.
- Flight ticket Copy of flight reservation including return flight.
- Travel Insurance: Proof of travel medical insurance covering the entire period of intended stay, valid for all Schengen States and covering any expenses which might arise in connection with repatriation for medical reasons, urgent medical attention, emergency hospital treatment or death during stay. The minimum coverage must be EUR 30.000.
- Financial Means: Personal Bank Statements showing the movements over the last 3 months.
- Company Letter Of Your Employer and Trade license For the company letter: on a proper letterhead in original, duly stamped and with the name and position of the signatory. No scanned or electronic signature is accepted. Please note that even the owner of the company needs a letter and that the applicant cannot sign his/her own letter. The letter must contain the following information about the visa applicant: the company, position, joining date, salary and the dates of the approved leave. The company has to guarantee the return of the applicant. For applicants under spouse’s or parent’s visa, letter from the sponsor is also required.
- Minors: For minors under the age of 18, travelling without their parents/ legal guardian. Original authorization signed by their parents/legal guardian and copy of passport(s) of parents/legal guardian.
- UAE Resident permit has to be valid for further one month period after the intended departure from the territory of the Schengen States. GCC citizens submit a copy of their valid Emirates ID.
- Household employees: Have to be working with the sponsor for more than one year. Sponsor must fill in and sign the liability declaration form.
Schengen visa processing
Duration : The processing time for the visas vary from 7 working days up-to 15 working days
1) Provide the relevant documents and payment
2) Scrutinizing the documents
3) Type application and prepare relevant documents
4) Examine the application thoroughly by the visa consultant
5) Appointment with Switzerland embassy to submit your documents and bio-metrics
6) Phase of Visa Application process
7) Passport collection
8) Visa- ready notification SMS
Bits about Switzerland
1. Great Alpine culture, traditions and lifestyle
The life style of Switzerland has been influenced by the Alps; derived and rooted in Europe. It has gifted remarkable tangible and intangible heritage to Switzerland pass from generation to generation. Falk traditions of Alpine life have been evenly spread around the Farming and agricultural livelihood, Music, dancing, Sports, Arts and all Customs of the inhabitant’s Domestic life.
2. Amazing Landscape
Lavishing mountainous country of Switzerland is absolutely a paradise.You should definitely join with some enthralling activities such as water sports Skiing, Water rafting, Snowboarding and flying from up enjoying bird eye views from Hot-air balloons, Parachute rides and body shaking hiking ,mountain rides and thrilling outdoor to realize it . Specially, the hill country more favorable for thrilling adventures and vacation stays.
3. Urban Culture and Urban edge
Thestyle of Medieval and modern class art is the signature of the Switzerland towns and Urban escape. The Castles, Galleries and lake side buildings are common urban edge features. This is one of the reasons that make interesting to the travellers in exploring Switzerland cities.
4. Early wake up and early sleep
In Switzerland day starts early specially in terms of shops, cafes and other busiest attractions. Hence, they start daily work early on the other hand they night starts early too.
5. Lovely Lakes and Swan.
In this country swan lakes is a common feature in every city. We know you will love to capture it. But, be careful especially when taking selfies with those swans in lakes as they are so strong and possible to cause serious injuries to you
6. Good Local Swiss Chocolate
Don’t miss to taste Local Swiss chocolate while you are in Switzerland. Also, countryside cheese and milk.
7. Multi-ethnic population
Switzerland has multi-ethnic diversity in the population. So, not only Swiss but also you will meet many other nationals.
8. No friendly Hi’ s
In Switzerland friendly chats and Hi’s are notthat entertained in some areas. So be mindful when you talk with waiters and receptionists and sellers.
9. Not at all for nightlife
Unlike famous Las-Vegas or New York or Italian cities or France, here in Switzerland you will not find more friendly environment for night life and clubs. That’s why, you better shouldn’t to go there expecting Night life fun.
10. Worthy Swiss pass and Easy public transfer
You do not need to have any fear to use Public transfer while your stay in Switzerland. If you are staying here for more than 1 month, better get a Swiss pass to travel around easily by train.
11. Not easy for your pocket
In Switzerland everything is comparatively expensive. So, you will need to have enough money in hand before you step foot on this land.
Frequently asked Questions
Depending on your nationality the processing time of the Switzerland visa might vary. However, usually the processing time is 7-15 working days. In additional to normal scenarios, visa processing time for special cases can take up-to 21 working days.
Of course, Children below 18 years must accompany at least one of the parents or an elder. Children below the age of 18 years need to be accompanied by their parent/s or elder/s (along with a No objection letter from both parents/one of the parents). When it comes to non-parents the respective child applicant passport copy and relevant documents should attach with the particular accompanied elder.
Sorry, when you are having a passport older than 10 years, then you are unable to apply Switzerland Schengen visas.
Yes, but under special conditions. For instance aviation officers such as pilots, flight attendants or some other professionals are given their passport while the Schengen visa visas are under process at the embassy. Once, the visas are approved and ready, the original passports can be again submitted for the stamping.
No refund at visa rejection. Therefore you will need to apply your visa application at your own risk.
Embassy’s contact number is written in the receipt that you have.You can directly call and check the status to inquire or follow up about you visa application.
Yes, travel insurance is mandatory requirement to apply Schengen visa. The insurance will cover the incidences including accidents, injuries or any damages due to natural disasters during your trip.
Hotel booking is a mandatory requirement to apply Schengen visa. Therefore you need to have the booking in hand at the time of visa documents submission to embassy.
Yes, using a single visa you can travel not only to Switzerland but also other 26 Schengen approved countries such as Germany, France, Italy,Denmark , Austria, Belgium, Spain, Netherland , Sweden, Malta , Norway, Poland, Finland , Iceland etc.
Yes, in addition to the Schengen countries you are allowed to travel Cyprus, Ireland,Romania, Bulgaria and Croatia