What country is Dubai in?
‘What Country is Dubai in?’ is a common question we hear from many of the tourists who visit our website! So we decided to write about it, so that we clear it to the world!
To answer the question – Dubai is a City located in UAE. Dubai is the most financially successful and largest City in UAE.
The United Arab Emirates (UAE)
UAE comprises of 7 States or Emirates as it is known locally and they are: Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Sharjah, Ajman, Fujairah, Ras al Khaimah and Umm al Qaiwain. Dubai is a state of UAE! Another common question we are asked is if Dubai is the capital? No it is not. Abu Dhabi is the capital of UAE.
Where is Dubai?
Dubai is located on the southeast coast of the Persian Gulf and belongs to the Asian continent. The Fun Question:
Is Dubai in India? No it definitely is not. Dubai is in the Arabian Region and is definitely not in India.
10 Facts about Dubai
- Dubai has emerged as a global city and business hub of the Middle East and continues to keep growing in this field.
- Dubai employs a Western-style model of business. The main sectors that drive revenue to Dubai are: tourism, aviation, real estate, and financial services.
- Dubai is home to the world’s tallest building, the Burj Khalifa. It is also popularly known for its skyscrapers and high-rise buildings.
- The U.S. Global consulting firm, Mercer, has rated Dubai as one of the best places to live in the Middle East.
- Dubai’s hotel rooms were rated as the second most expensive in the world, after Geneva, in 2014. Don’t get disheartened you can also find hotels with reasonable prices in Dubai.
- Islam is the official religion of the UAE.
- Emiratis, or UAE nationals only comprise of 10-15% of Dubai’s population. The remaining are expatriates, primarily compromising of Indians.
- Arabic is the official language of Dubai while English is widely used.
- If you are planning to visit Dubai then here is some good news – Dubai is located in a stable zone with the minimal risk of earthquakes and tsunamis.
- Dubai is home to the world’s largest flower garden – The Dubai Miracle Garden. This is home to more than 45 million flowers and is grown with a drip irrigation system.
Dubai Population and Climate
The Dubai Population is 2,865,560. Of this population the nationalities are as follows:
- 3% Indian
- 23% Emirati
- 17% Pakistani
- 5% Bangladeshi
- 2% Filipino
- 5% Sri Lankan
- 3% American
- 2% other countries
Dubai has a hot desert climate. The summer season in Dubai comprises of extreme heat and humidity, with an average high around 41 °C (106 °F) and overnight lows around 30 °C (86 °F). The winter season is also quite warm an average high of 24 °C (75 °F) at daytime and overnight lows of 14 °C.
Let’s move on to the main interest of our readers – Tourism in Dubai!
First things first –
Is Dubai safe?
Yes Dubai is indeed rated as one of the safest Cities in the world! Yes, you still do need to take care of your belongings but it definitely is a country with a less number of crimes due to its strict laws. Dubai has no connection with the ISIS and is not involved in any terrorism related activities either.
Visa for Dubai
If you have a visa to visit UAE then you can enter Dubai without any hassle. The following countries can get a 90-days visa on arrival:
France, Iceland, Italy, Norway, Holland, Germany, Sweden, Austria, Finland, Liechtenstein, Belgium, Greece, Luxembourg, Poland, Switzerland, Estonia, Portugal, Malta, Spain, Cyprus, Denmark, Croatia, Slovenia, Romania, Slovakia, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Hungary, Lithuania, Latvia.
The following countries can get a visa on arrival for a period of 30-days:
Andorra, China, Malaysia, Singapore, Australia, Hong Kong, Monaco, South Korea, Brunei, Ireland, New Zealand, The Vatican, Canada, Japan, San Marino, United States, United Kingdom and Russia.
All people from other countries can apply for a visa online and get it prior to their arrival at Dubai.
Points of Interest in Dubai
When you decide to travel Dubai United Arab Emirates, then the major question on your mind would be about where you will be visiting.
Here’s the deal:
- Dubai Burj Khalifa – The iconic landmark of Dubai, the Burj Khalifa is 829.8 meters tall. The observation deck is located at the 124th floor, you can visit this floor to enjoy a bird’s view of Dubai. The tower is designed amidst gardens, walkways and a tall performing fountain.
- The Dubai Mall – Dubai is well-known for its shopping centers and exotic malls. The Dubai Mall comprises of endless shopping stores from mid-range to extremely branded shops, a wide array of eateries, an ice skating rink, a gaming zone, an aquarium and a cinema complex.
- Gold Souk – Commonly known as the City of Gold, Dubai is home to more than 300 gold retail shops. The gold market in Dubai is known to hold 10 tons of gold at any given time.
- Jumeirah Beach – A great place to relax in Dubai, the jumeirah beach features white sand and clear blue waters. The beach is surrounded by many hotels and eateries. There are many water sports available if you are looking for some thrill and adventure. Some of the water sport activities that take place are: Jet Skiing, Surfing, swimming and wakeboarding.
- Dubai Museum – Located at the Al-Fahidi Fort that was built in 1787, the Dubai museum is home to artefacts that are over 4000years old. This museum will display the Bedouin life and how the modern Dubai came into being.
- Jumeirah Mosque – A great place to visit if you want to witness the beauty of Islamic architecture. This mosque features 2 minarets and several domes. Tours are open for all visitors from 10a.m. daily except on Fridays.
- Burj Al-Arab – The tallest hotel in the world, the Burj Al-Arab is 321 meters tall and is designed to resemble a billowing dhow sail. This hotel is one of the most expensive hotels in the world and features an underwater restaurant.
These are some facts and information about Dubai that can tell you why you must visit Dubai! To enjoy a great visit to Dubai, leave it in in the hands of the experts to organize your tour! Book your tour with Arooha Tours Today! (insert hyperlink)