South Africa Visa Prices
There is a mandatory non- refundable visa fee that you need to pay when you are South Africa visa. Depending on your Age and Type of visa you want to apply, there might be some exceptions in visa prices. However, the total cost includes the visa application fee and AED 200 as a service charge for Arooha.
South Africa visa processing
Duration: The processing time for the visas vary from 05 working days up-to 10 working days
- 1) Provide the relevant documents and payment
- 2) Preliminary checking and advices
- 3) Type application and prepare relevant documents
- 4) Examine the application thoroughly by the visa consultant
- 5) Appointment with South African embassy to submit your documents
- 6) Phase of Visa Application process
- 7) Passport collection
- 8) Visa- ready notification
Required documents for South Africa visa from Dubai
- Completed Visa application Form (DHA-84) Form 11 in BLACK ink only
- Two recent colored photograph. Must be a clear copy, high-resolution, white background and not older than 6 months. Passport size : 4.5cm×3.5cm in width. Close up of your head and top of your shoulder so that the face takes 80% of the photograph.
- The passport must be valid for 30 days or more from the date of departure from South Africa, and copies of entry and exit seal/stamps of previously obtained visas, if any. 02 blank pages, not older than 10 years. Non-machine readable and manually extended passports are NOT acceptable.
- Residence Visa with a validity of 03 months from the date of return.
- NOC Letter from Employer The letter from the UAE Company must be original. (E- signature will NOT be accepted). The letter must confirm the travel dates (Start and End date), exact purpose of travel and financial undertaking. It must be originally signed (with the signatory name and designation) and stamped. The date on the letter must not be more than a month at the time of submission of application. It must have the company’s full contact details (i.e. physical address and telephone/fax numbers, email/website). If the applicant is the owner or partner of the company, a copy of the trade license is required. Applicants under the sponsorship of a husband/father/mother/wife/employer visa*** Typed and originally signed Sponsorship letter (issued by the sponsor***, it must confirm the travel dates, exact purpose of travel, relationship, details of the applicant, and financial undertaking). Sponsor’s residential address in the UAE and contacts details must be indicated in the letter. The financial undertaking from the sponsor is required, ONLY IF, the applicant itself could not provide his/her personal bank statement (e.g. minor, unemployed, student, housemaid, etc.). All bank statements must be originally stamped by the bank. Passport and UAE visa copy of the sponsor.
- For applicants MARRIED to a SOUTH AFRICAN, the following additional documents are required: Copy of Marriage certificate, Copy of South African ID or South African passport of the spouse.
- Unabridged birth certificate for all MINORS (below the age of 18) / AFFIDAVIT OR PARENTAL CONSENT. For minors travelling with both the parents, the following documents are required: Original child’s birth certificate to be presented at the time of the submission. However only a copy is required to be attached to the visa application. Copy of parent’s passport and UAE residency.
- Air Ticket Proof of Air tickets (provisional or confirmed). Proof of Domestic flight/s is also required, if the applicant is travelling from one city to another.
- Accommodation Proof of hotel booking (provisional or confirmed)
- Medical Cover / Travel Insurance Copy of the insurance card. Copy of the insurance policy or letter of certification from the service provider for the “Proof of Coverage”. The insurance coverage/geographical scope must indicate that the insurance covers “WORLDWIDE” or including South Africa)
- Proof of financial means / Bank Statements Applicant’s up to date three (3) months banks statement. ONLY bank statements issued by a bank “in the UAE” are acceptable. The bank statement must be originally stamped by the bank and must have a minimum balance of not less than AED 3000. Original bank statements received by post OR printed copies from online internet banking (which must be stamped by the bank) will be accepted.
- Yellow fever certificate A yellow fever certificate is required if the applicant has been in a yellow fever zone in the past one year, and if the applicant is transiting for more than 12 hours through a yellow fever endemic zone. Kindly note: For applicants who do not have a Yellow Fever vaccination certificate and who have traveled to yellow fever zones kindly administer the vaccine at least 10 days before traveling to South Africa. Applicants who are going straight/directly to South Africa from Dubai and has NOT been in a Yellow fever zone in the past one year are “NOT” required fulfill/submit a yellow fever certificate Or any other additional health requirement.
Frequently asked Questions
Once the application is submitted the process takes anywhere between 07 – 15 days for short nationalities.
Yes, children below the age of 18 years need to be accompanied by their parents or elders. With a NOC letter from both parents stating that they have no issues for the travel. Attaching the passport copies to the child’s application. Need a copy of their birth certificate as well.
No, you will not be able to apply for a Turkish visa with a passport which is older than 10 years as the embassy will not be able to enter it in their systems.
No, the visa fee is non-refundable in case of rejection as granting the visa is purely on the discretion of the embassy.
You will receive a receipt which has the embassy number you can call and check if they need any additional documents.
Yes, travel insurance is mandatory as it is for your own safety. If you get injured or any natural calamity occurs during your trip your insurance covers you for the above.
Yes, hotel booking is one of the main criteria for a visa application. Without which your visa will not be processed.
Your visa application is perused by the Consul General of South Africa in UAE. The approval or rejection Of The visa is decided by him. Arooha does not play any part in or influence the outcome of your visa application.
Tips before travelling to South Africa
A new spot for selfies
You maybe under the impression that the Cape of good hope is the most southern end of the cape peninsula. That's about to change. Cape Agulhas is situated roughly 109 miles southeast of Cape Town. If you visit it definitely take a customary selfie.
A well-developed destination
In our mind’s eye South Africa is an under developed country that is famous for its various safari options. You have got the picture all wrong! South Africa is well-developed and has everything from luxurious hotels to fine dining restaurants, malls, farmers markets and museums all linked by week carved out roads. No,wild animals don't roam about freely in the city streets. Head to the villages that border the reserves and national parks and you might encounter cases of predators stalking cattle and all but never when you are in the city. So fret not
Take proper safety precautions.
Safety is an important factor to consider if you are travelling for the first time to South Africa. Tourists are a major target of petty thefts but that too can be avoided by certain right measures. Do not wear any form of blingy jewelery, use your smartphone (even for games) and iPod (no listening music, either) while in public, leave your bag or smartphone unattended on a table or chair at restaurants and don't go out alone at night time. Although South Africa is regarded as a dangerous destination because of its high murder rates, these tend to occur only in areas where tourist activities do not happen.
A good exchange rate
If you use the USD, Euro or Pound usually, you will find that South Africa has a price range that is affordable. Local beers cost a dollar or less, local wine costs roughly 20 USD, a three-course meal with refreshments at a high-end restaurant will come within 40 USD per person and hotels cost a fraction of what they charge in majority of the US cities. The beat part, for around 7 USD (roughly 100 Rand) you can shop some souvenirs, handmade home decor and even some copper jewelery.
Have a bigger budget for safaris
Hotels and all other expenses are a bang for your buck in South Africa. Unfortunately, when it comes to a Safari you need to expand your purse a bit. If you are going on a budget safari you won't get a cozy bed or an experienced guide. In the off season you can get a good safari from a well-reputed spot for roughly 400 USD which include bed, meals, sighting opportunities, an experienced ranger and service.
Use Uber for transport and follow these tips
Rather than using cabs that are meter-less and overcharge tourist, use Uber. Female travelers visiting South Africa alone should not go alone at night. If you are opting for a car rental make sure to take full insurance coverage and don't leave anything valuable in the vehicle ( put it in the trunk if you require). Don't steer off on the unlimited routes and be alert of high speeding. South Africans drive on the left.