Dubai Visa for Indians
Indians contribute to 17 percent of UAE’s population, with majority of them concentrated in major Emirates like Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Sharjah. Additionally, India is UAE’s second largest trade partner with trade between them amounting up to 60 billion USD per annum. This makes UAE an option for many Indians who wish to work abroad as obtaining a Dubai visa for Indians is not a lengthy process. To strengthen ties with India, the UAE cabinet has agreed to issue visa on arrival for Indian passport holders with a valid USA visa, a Green Card, a UK residence visa or an European Union residence visa.
TYPES OF DUBAI VISA FOR INDIANS
- Dubai visa on arrival for Indians
- What makes an Indian passport holder eligible for a Dubai visa on arrival?
To be eligible for a Dubai visa on arrival for Indian passport holders the following criteria should be met:
- The passport of the individual should have a minimum validity of 6 months counting from the date of arrival.
- The individual should be a green card holder or have a valid USA visa (visit, student or resident visa) that is valid for a minimum of 6 months.
- The individual should have a valid UK residency visa.
- The individual should possess a valid residency visa for any of the countries of European Union.
- What is the cost of UAE visa on arrival for Indian passport?
The charge for a dubai visa on arrival for Indian US visa holders is AED 120 for a duration of visit needs to be extended, a charge of AED 250 needs to be paid and the Indian passport holders will be legally allowed to stay for an additional duration of 14 days. Please note that these values might be subject to sudden change.
- What is the duration of stay for Indian individuals who are eligible for a UAE visa upon arrival?
After entry to the UAE, the visa is only issued for a period of 14 days which if required can be extended once. The extension will grant the individual with an additional 14 days. So the total duration of stay with an extension is 28 days and the total stay period without an extension is 14 days.
- Does the visa upon arrival for Indians only apply if you enter the UAE through the Dubai International Airport?
No, visa on arrival for Indians who fulfill the eligibility criteria is issued when entering the country through any of the International Airports, seaports or land borders.
- Since when does UAE issue Visa on arrival for Indians?
The UAE Cabinet meeting approved that the issuing of visa upon arrival for eligible Indians starting from the 1st of May 2017. The circular stating the new rule was distributed to all border checkpoints, airports and seaports in the United Arab Emirates.
- Why did UAE approve the decision of issuing visa on arrival for eligible Indian passport holders?
The visa process was simplified to strengthen UAE’s and India’s relations in politics, trade and economics. It also helps in attaining UAE’s perception to be the global tourism and economic hub while strengthening the external relations. The UAE cabinet that approved of this new visa process for Indian Passport holders with USA, UK or EU Visa was chaired by His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum. Other members of the cabinet were the Vice President, the Prime Minister of UAE and the Ruler of Dubai.
- Can Indian passport holders without a UK, EU or USA visa obtain a UAE visa on arrival?
Unfortunately, Indian passport holders without a UK, EU or USA visa cannot obtain a Visa on arrival. Indians who do not fulfill the visa on arrival criteria can enter the UAE by applying for a tourist visa, Transit Visa or work visa depending on the purpose of the visit.
- Dubai transit visa for Indians
An Indian passport holder flying to another country with a stopover at Abu Dhabi or Dubai needs to get a Transit Visa. To obtain a Dubai Transit Visa for Indian Passport holders you need to have a minimum of 8 hours stopover in Dubai. With a transit visa an Indian is allowed to stay in UAE for 96 hours.
- What are the required documents for an Indian to obtain a Transit Visa?
Please gather the following documents if you wish to apply for a Transit Visa:
- Coloured copy of passport biodata page. (Black and white copies will not be accepted)
- Coloured copy of last page in the passport.
- Clear passport sized colour photograph. Black and white or cropped and copied photos will be rejected.
- Completed visa application form.
- Copy of confirmed flight reservation.
- How long does it take to issue a Transit Visa for Indian Passport holders?
The processing period is usually 3 to 4 days excluding Friday, Saturday and all UAE holidays. The processing time might exceed if there is a problem with the submitted supporting documents. If you choose the Express service, you will receive the visa within 36 hours.
- How much do I have to pay for a Dubai Transit Visa for Indians?
Indians who wish to obtain a Dubai Transit Visa need to pay a fee of 4330 INR for the normal service and 5770 for Express service.
- For what duration is the 96 hour Transit Visa valid?
The visa is valid for the duration of 30 days from the issue date.
- Dubai multiple entry visa for Indians
If you frequently travel to the UAE for business purposes, the multiple entry visa is an ideal and hassle-free option.
- Are Indians eligible for multiple entry Visa?
Just like all other nationalities, Indians can also apply for a multiple entry visa.
- Is the multiple entry visa procedure for Indian Passport holders with USA, UK or EU Residency the same as for Indians without it?
No, the procedures are different. Indians with USA, UK or EU residency visa don’t need to apply for multiple entry visa because they receive Visa on arrival. This is equal to having a multiple entry visa with no expiry date. Indian passport holders who don’t fulfill the criteria have to adhere to all application procedures to get a multiple entry visa.
- What is the validity period and for how long can an individual stay on each entry?
The multiple entry visa is valid for 6 months from the issue date and allows a 30 day stay duration for each entry.
- What is the visa fee needed to pay when applying for a UAE multiple entry visa?
Indians need to pay a visa fee of 12050 INR if they wish to obtain a multiple entry visa.
- What are the supporting documents needed by an Indian to apply for the multiple entry visa?
- Colour photocopy of biodata page in passport.
- Coloured photocopy of last page in passport.
- 6 passport size colour photographs.
- A fully completed multiple entry Visa form.
- Trade license and Employment contract that is attested by the Ministry in charge of the issuing body.
- What is the procedure for obtaining a multiple entry visa in India?
Visit the UAE Embassy in the town you are residing with the required documents and the fee. They will guide you throughout the process
- Dubai work visa for Indians
Every Emirate of UAE has a high percentage of Indians working in many sectors and hold different employment positions. To make working in Dubai or any of the Emirates legal, one must possess a work visa. If you also like to become an expat of UAE and reap the benefits of the many lucrative job offers, its evolving economy, diverse community and speedy developments, keep reading to find out about the procedures, required documents and the cost. The Dubai work Visa for Indians has a simpler process when compared to the visa processes of the Emirates.
Step 1- Entry permit for Indians
To obtain a Dubai work permit, one has to get a residency visa . If you have found a job and have been accepted for the position, the employer is responsible of applying for the entry permit. This is the document that is required for you to enter the UAE and is informally known as Pink visa.
- How many days is the entry permit valid?
The entry permit has a validity of 30 days counting from the date of arrival.
- What is the duration of stay and can it be extended?
The duration of stay for an entry permit is 30 days which can be extended once. The extension gives the individual an additional 30 days, which adds up to a stay of 60 days in total. Within this time frame the individual should apply for a residency visa and get it approved so that he can continue stay in Dubai.
Step 2 – Dubai residency visa for Indians
Residency visa makes it legal for the individual to stay in the country for up to 3 years. This also makes an individual eligible to open a bank account and get their UAE driver’s licence.
- What are the procedures to apply for residency visa?
The steps mentioned below should be completed in the stated order obtain a health certificate from any government hospitals or certified clinic. Attach the certificate with all the required supporting documents and handover to the employer who will carry out the necessary procedures.
- Which documents are needed to be submitted when applying for a Dubai residency visa?
The documents required to get a Dubai residence Visa for Indians are:
- Fully completed residency visa application form.
- Application fee receipt.
- It needs to be paid by the employer.
- Clear and coloured Passport photocopy of employee’s biodata page.
- Original passport of employee which has a minimum Validity of 6 months.
- Passport size colour photograph.
- Bank approval letter.
- Copy of valid company card.
- Valid company business license.
- Original entry permit issued by Ministry of Labour.
- Health certificate.
- What tests are conducted during a medical check?
By visiting a government hospital or certified clinic, a medical check can be performed. The check up includes: Chest X-Ray Blood tests for HIV/AIDS, leprosy, Hepatitis and tuberculosis. If any of these tests turn positive you will be deported.
Step 3-Dubai work permit for Indians
After the residency visa is stamped on the passport, the individual can go ahead and apply for a Dubai work permit, also known as a labour card.
- What are the supporting documents needed to apply for a Dubai work permit?
- Photograph of employee.
- Applicant’s original valid residency visa.
- Original valid passport
- Valid medical certificate
- 3 copies of employment contract. 1 copy each for Ministry of Labour, employer and employee.
- Educational certificates authenticated by UAE Embassy and ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- Valid business licence of sponsor company
All these documents will be handed over to the Department of Naturalization and Residency Dubai (DNRD) and the VISA will be stamped on the applicant’s passport.
- Does an individual have to undergo 2 health check when applying for a work permit and residency visa?
No, only one medical certificate is required
- Dubai tourist visa for Indians (30 days)
- What is the cost for a UAE tourist visa?
Indians are required to pay a fee of 6040 INR to obtain a tourist visa. If you wish to apply for express tourist visa, a fee of 7480 INR should be paid. Please note that visa fees is not refundable after it has been paid.
- How many days stay does the tourist visa allow?
The tourist visa is valid for 30 days allowing the holder to stay in the UAE for 30 days. If the duration of stay exceeds 30 days the individual will have to pay a fine for every extra day he stays.
- For how many days is the tourist visa valid?
The tourist visa is valid for 58 days starting from the issue date.
- Is the UAE tourist visa for Indians extendable?
No it’s not extendable. If an individual wants to stay for more than 30 days, they can apply for the 90 day visa.
- What are the supporting documents required to apply for UAE tourist visa?
The below mentioned documents are compulsory and need to be attached:
- Fully completed visa application form
- Photocopy of confirmed airline reservation ticket
- Coloured photocopy of biodata page and last page of passport with validity of 6 months
- What is the processing time for UAE tourist visa?
If you applied for an express tourist visa, the processing time is 36 hours. If you opted for the normal service the processing time might vary anywhere between 3 to 4 working days. Please note that the processing time excludes Friday, Saturday and all national holidays.
- How many days before the travel date should an individual apply for the UAE tourist visa?
An individual willing to travel to UAE can apply for the visa a maximum of 60 days before the scheduled travel date.
- Dubai short term visit visa for Indians (14 days)
This feature is ideal for individuals who want to visit UAE for a duration of or less than two weeks.
- For how many days is the visa valid?
It is valid for 14 days counting from the date of issue.
- How many days does this visa allow an individual to stay in UAE and is it extendable?
The individual can stay in the UAE for 14 days and cannot extend their stay.
- What is the visa fee for 14 day short term visit visa for Indians?
The charge for this visa is 6040 INR for normal service. If you want the visa processed using express service, the fee is 7480 INR.
- What are the supporting documents for the 14 day visa?
- Completed application form
- Copy of confirmed ticket
- Coloured photocopy of passport with minimum Validity of 6 months.
- Personal detail page and the last page of passport
- What is the processing duration for the Dubai short term visit visa for Indians?
The processing time for this visa is the same as all other visa
- Dubai long term visit visa for Indians (90 days)
Since the purpose of a 90 day visit can vary, Indians who choose to visit Dubai for business or training purposes, holidays or to visit family in UAE can opt for the long term visit visa. Because of this, long term visit visas are divided into three categories:
- Tourism or property mostly for holidaying on investment in real estate
- Personal to meet family or close relatives residing in UAE
- Official to attend exhibitions, meetings, seminars etc or any other official reasons to visit the UAE.
Although the procedures of obtaining these visas are the same, the supporting documents vary slightly.
- What is the charge of a Dubai 90 day Visa for Indians?
The cost of a 90 day visa is 12,510 INR. The visa fees one paid is not refundable under any circumstances.
- What are the documents needed to apply for a tourism or property 90 Day visa?
The documents needed are
- passport copy of applicant
- confirmed flight reservation ticket
- confirmed hotel booking
- property papers or property tenancy agreement (only for property visa)
- completed application form
- What are the supporting documents for the official 90 day visa?
- applicant passport copy
- confirm flight reservation
- confirmed hotel booking
- company cover letter
- sponsor company invitation letter or sponsor residence permit and passport copy
- completed application form
- Which documents are needed to apply for a personal 90 day visit visa?
The documents needed are:
- passport copy of applicant
- confirmed flight ticket
- sponsor passport copy
- sponsor resident visa page copy
- sponsor cover letter or guarantee letter
- proof of relationship (marriage or birth certificate)
- completed visa application
- what is the processing duration of the Dubai 90 day Visa for Indians?
This usually takes anywhere between 3 to 4 working days counting from the date of submission. This duration excludes Fridays, Saturdays and all UAE holidays.
This blog is written with the purpose of answering all your questions about Dubai visa for Indians. If you wish to learn further or apply for a visa don’t hesitate to contact us.